Monday, June 22, 2015

First Day of School

Went off without a hitch! I wasn’t nervous – perhaps because I had no expectations coming (except that things could change). In the morning, all the students gather in front of the school for a morning service and announcements. Afterwards, I met with my co-teacher. She teaches English from grades 4-6. It was great to know that I had a co-partner involved in this process. I loosely created a lesson plan with the expectations that I would have to mold each lesson plan based on my observations. Today, I taught grade 6-4. I’m still attempting to gage the amount of English that they know, so we started with week days. Some classes had a better grasp than others, and I molded more on the practice section with others. Overall, great day! However, it’s not over. I have to tutor my high school aged host brothers in an hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment