Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Land of Smile

I’ve arrived in Thailand. To say the least I am humbled and grateful for this experience. There have been moments where I just think to my self, “I know that was you God!” Getting from the airport wasn’t a bad experience. I’m grateful that I live in DC, therefore Bangkok’s train system was a lot less intimidating. Once I knew where my hostel was, I was able to locate the nearest stop. I used google maps to walk from the hostel to the metro stop and was there in 9 minutes or so. It’s cool so far. The hostel that I’m staying at is new and in a quiet part of Bangkok. If I wanted to, I could visit the crazy nightlife of Khao San Road or head to Silom, but in the other hand, I could easily retreat back to my quiet neighborhood of Ari :). I meet my host family in two weeks, and I getting very excited. I hope they like the gifts that I got them. I tried my best to show how much love and appreciation I have for them hosting me.

No comments:

Post a Comment