Friday, July 10, 2015

A Week's End

I'm incredibly thankful to have made it to this Friday. For some reason, this week was my most "burnt out" week I've had since arriving in Thailand (mind you, I  arrived June 1st). When I was in class, I was forgetting my classes' previous content, repeating lesson plans (before midway realizing) and more. It was a bit taxing to get through the week but I did it!

During this time, I was reminded of the importance of self-care and maintenance. I realized that it is okay to take time out for yourself. I have to keep reminding my self that my feelings are validated and that this experience is a difficult one. It's not easy living in an unfamiliar country, language, people and having to be in a constant state of "immersion."

But I made through! And with a lot to celebrate! My kids are able to comprehend my lessons are becoming more confident in the English speaking abilities. They strike up conversations a lot easier now.

This week we finished the most of the murals for our school. Pictures below! It was a great time painting these!


 





 

Finished Product!


update: we have since added two more murals: a hopscotch with chinese numbers and a train with the Thai alphabet. The students learn 3 languages (Thai, English and Chinese)

We're headed off the Lopburi (the place with monkeys) tomorrow so stay tuned!

All the best,
Sade

No comments:

Post a Comment