Friday, July 3, 2015

Like A Girl

For the remainder of this teaching position, I’m suppose to create a community service project specific to the needs of my community and/or school. As my interests are geared towards international development, I’m constantly questioning myself about efficacy, intentionality and purpose. I truly want to have a service project that is effective and sustainable to the community. Currently, my interests lie in gender issues in the global south. I’d love to hold a workshop, paint a mural or even host a football game that strengthens girl empowerment. But I’m still trying to identify if this is a need that needs to be served or if there is something greater. As I type this, I realize that I need to communicate with my school director about possible ideas.

Scout Day! (very similar to Boy and Girl Scouts but instituted in schools once a week)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment