Sunday, July 5, 2015

Extended Trips and Extended Families

We had a Sunday trip to Uthai Thani (a province about 2.5 hours away). We drove and picked up my load of family members, leaving the family van for a very comfy and inviting space! In total, it was my host mom, host dad, 2 host brothers, 2 aunts, 1 uncle, 2 cousins, grandmother and grandfather. Talk about a full house! It was great because I had seen their faces since our last family visit. On the way to the temple, we drove past rice fields and quiet areas. I really love silence and any opportunity to admire nature.

We visited the beautiful Wat Tha Sung. I was in complete admiration when I entered the temple. Being in SE Asia, it's very easy to get "Temple fatigue." The buddhist region has about every style, shape, color and size of temple you could ask for. After sometime, it all muddles into one. Regardless, Wat Tha Sung and the Golden Temple was a sight to see.

Just one of the sights inside Wat Tha Sung

 
This isn't even everyone in the family!
Entrance into Wat Tha Sung
Golden Temple
 
A beautiful lotus flower I spotted after leaving the Golden Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment