Sunday, July 12, 2015

Rural Diaries pt.1

This weekend, we headed to the Lopburi province to visit my buo (father's father). Prior to heading there, we had to take my younger brothers to their monthly weekend schooling. In addition to their regular school schedule, every few weeks, they attend a "saturday school" in physics and English. While I've been here, I have quietly and keenly observed my parent's dedication to their children's education. A few days ago, I attempted to express my gratitude for my parents' willingness to give their children a great education but my tears made it difficult. I had to cut my words short for fear of balling in front of them.

To cut it short: I am enamored by the love that they hold for their children. It's awe-inspiring. It's a love that I wish for any parent for family member to have for their younger ones.

Roadtrip and temple pics below:






overlooking the town of Nakhon Sawan

A novice monk circling the temple

While my brothers were in Saturday school, my host parents and I went to a temple located in the mountains of Nakhon Sawan.

My gorgeous host parents!

One of the reclining Buddha Statues in Lopburi



best,
Sade

No comments:

Post a Comment