Monday, July 27, 2015

You've become a part of me.


As I Embark on my last week as Resident teacher at Thab Khlo Municipality school, it only seems fit to post my reflections and thoughts. Last week, I finished my last full week of teaching. So blessed. and tired. yep definitely tired. I have one more day of teaching. It's a bit weird. It feelslike this is the point when everyone has just gotten comfortable. Like the teachers, parents, even my neighbors with me here. And yeah I leave in under a week. It's weird how the human mind works. We'll see certain people on a regular cycle but it takes a number of interactions before we become attached to those moments. I'll never forget my first week at Thab Khlo. It was a lot to handle. I was fatigued from teaching and becoming accustomed to a full work day, but also keeping up with demands at home. Over time, it all became quite normal. Here we are.

With two of my fellow teachers at my school! They all got together and we had a nice food party. ~___~ Afterwards, we went sight-seeing at the next town over.
Look at the beautiful rice fields (and me)! Often on family trips, we drive past so many of these but I've never gotten the chance to stop and see one up close. 
Me @ inside the temple!
Statue of monk

My fellow teachers and I went to a temple created by a monk over a span of 11 years. The name slips me at this moment. This was the overview of the museum dedicated to him.
------------------------------
The next day we visited our grandparents and aunts/uncles one last time!

Me and my host mom in my grandmother's backyard. She and our grandfather have a pig farm!
After visiting grandparents, we headed to a restaurant and had a final goodbye. I love my host family so much. As I playback these past weeks/month, I've been so overjoyed at how perfect they really were for me. We at first had a rocky start but it all fell into place as expected. Their extended family has opened their arms and taken me in as their own. Before Thailand, I wasn't concerned about danger and safety but acceptance did come across my mind. I knew that I didn't look like a "typical" volunteer as it's not as common to see people of the African diaspora traveling (we're changing that). But it has been just the complete opposite. With an absolute joy and happiness to see my face every time we've interacted. This family has left a dent in my heart that will always long for them. I'm hoping to visit Thailand to become a program director for this English program (we'll see what God has in sight).

My beautiful aunt and uncle (paa and loong). Their kindness and beauty towards me has been so welcoming and overwhelming.
Featuring my beautiful host mom! (MeƩ Op)
Add caption

Thai cuisine is a God send and no one can tell me other wise.




My host brother took this candid!
On the drive back home, I thought this was a cool shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment